Friday 9 November 2007

First Blog

First Blog

Writing my first blog, I didn't really know wht to expect. I suppose it could involve anything you wanted. My main points in this are my worries about my new course (if any at all), what I want to do after my degree, why I am attending Falmouth uni and really what is going on around me.
I thought a blog had to be about on particular thing or interest, but it's so much more.
I have been thinking about what my coping strategies are within the course and living away from home, they mainly involve helpful lecturers, my peers, including closer friends. Peers can always help when it is close to a deadline, looking out for each other and reading through others work can always be helpful. I have experienced, reading through other peoples work helps me find things I may have missed.
Having group discussions and meetings about how people are getting on and finding the work can help, there might be someone finding the work hard and therefore is always good to talk to someone who is maybe in the same situation.
Studying Journalism at Falmouth will open my eyes to the real world. I have a couple of contacts within the industry and during the Christmas period hopefully having the chance to work at Closer and More Magazine.
I have always had an interest in working on page layouts and I have a passion for producing projects using PhotoShop and InDesign.
I am looking forward to experiencing more in the Journalism course, I feel it is very interesting and motivating.

No comments: